Update: Daniel Kaluuya Confirms He Won’t Be Reprising His Role As W’Kabi In The Upcoming ‘Black Panther’ Sequel

Update: Daniel Kaluuya Confirms He Won’t Be Reprising His Role As W’Kabi In The Upcoming ‘Black Panther’ Sequel
Update: Daniel Kaluuya has confirmed reports that he will be absent from the “Black Panther” sequel due to a scheduling conflict. He said,
“No, I’m not in it.”
He continued,
“I was filming ‘Nope.’ I couldn’t – I was always in prep and then the call came and I wasn’t able to do it.”
He added.
“I’ve heard things and I know they’re going to do [Chadwick Boseman] an incredible service.”
In the original 2018 Black Panther film directed by Ryan Coogler, Daniel Kaluuya played W’Kabi—the confidant and best friend of Chadwick Boseman’s character, Wakanda King, T’Challa. W’Kabi was the head of security for the Border Tribe in Wakanda and often reported to T’Challa.
Prior to the start of production, many fans felt conflicted about the ‘Black Panther’ sequel continuing despite the untimely death of Chadwick Boseman in 2020.

Chadwick-Boseman
While the plot for the sequel hasn’t been disclosed yet, ‘Wakanda Forever‘ has been discussed as a film that will continue to explore the world of Wakanda, in the absence of Boseman’s character, while still paying tribute to the actor. Cast members returning for the sequel in the aftermath of Chadwick Boseman’s 2020 passing include Danai Gurira, Lupita Nyong’o, Letitia Wright, Martin Freeman, Angela Bassett, and Winston Duke.
As for Daniel Kaluuya, landing multiple movie roles was once a dream of his that seemed impossible to come true. The ‘Queen & Slim’ actor recently revealed he was ready to give up acting before he landed the lead role in ‘Get Out’ by film director Jordan Peele.

Daniel Kaluuya, Jordan Peele
While chatting with the famed director, Kaluuya admitted that the iconic role inspired him to not end his career as an actor. He said,
“I’ve never told you this, but when you reached out to me and we had that Skype, I was really disillusioned with acting. I had stopped acting for like a year and a half.”
Kaluuya had been working as an actor since 2006. After his role in the 2015 film “Sicario,” he went a year and a half without working and considered quitting acting during that time.
He continued:
“I checked out, because I was just like, this isn’t working. I wasn’t getting roles, because racism and all this kind of stuff—so you reaching out was like, Okay, I’m not crazy. It’s proper. It’s going to be alright.”
Production on Black Panther: Wakanda Forever wrapped back in March and is slated to release on November 11.
Jordan Peele’s latest film Nope, in which his Get Out leading star Daniel Kaluuya is joined by Keke Palmer is slated for release on July 22.
What are your thoughts? Will you watch the Black Panther Sequel? Let us know in the comments below!
[VIA]
Previous Article
Next Article
[UPDATE] Dispatch Audio Suggests Hayden Panettiere May Have Suffered An Overdose
Gary Owen Defends Kevin Hart As He Addresses Hate Comedian Receives
Halle Berry Gets Candid About Faking Orgasms In Her Younger Years: ‘Sometimes, You Just Want The Pounding To Stop’
Comedian & Actor Na’im Lynn Says Working On A Tyler Perry Show Is ‘Acting Bootcamp’
Brad Pitt Says He’s No Longer Sober, Back To Drinking Alcohol After Seven Years
Y’all Ready? ‘Michael 2’ Filming Is Expected To Begin In Late 2026 Or Early 2027
Michael Jackson’s Nephew & “Michael” Star Jaafar Jackson Set To Join Will Smith In Action Thriller “Supermax”
Tyler Perry Helps Tuskegee Graduate Janay Duberry Enroll At Harvard By Paying Remaining Tuition