With season 2 R&B Divas Atlanta coming to a close, the LA installment will be gearing up for it’s first go round. Instead of working on an album like their Atlanta counterparts (or at least trying to), the ladies will be working on creating a “musical monologue” called “Not Yo Mama’s Monologue” spearheaded by Kelly Price. The monologue will highlight their experiences in love, life, and music. Aside form Kelly, the cast includes Chante Moore, Lil Mo, Claudette Ortiz, Michel’le and Dawn Robinson. Here’s a brief rundown of what we can expect from each of the ladies:
- Kelly Price - Introduced to the world through her P.Diddy and R.Kelly collaborations,the musical heavyweight,has written and collaborated with musical legends such as Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, and is determined to bring – and keep the ladies together to complete her idea of a special musical project despite her own personal drama.
- Chante Moore peaked to fame with her single ‘Chante’s Got A Man.’ This season we’ll dive into her custody battles with her now ex-husband (yes, they’re divorced!) Kenny Latimore and see her getting insight from her first ex-husband, ‘A Different World’s’ Kadeem Hardison.
- Lil Mo’ - Never one to shy away from speaking her mind, early 2000’s R&B sensation, – known for duets with Ja Rule and Fabolous, is set to bring the drama as she is seen putting the ladies in their places.
- Claudette Ortiz- Once at the forefront of Wyclef’ Jean’s super group City High, Claudette Ortiz never reappeared after the group disbanded. She’s now ready to make her way back into the music industry while balancing her duties as a mother.
- Michel’le – Known for being signed to Eazy-E’s Ruthless Records with her then-boyfriend, Dr.Dre, Michel’le has been absent since her early 90’s hit “Something In My Heart.” In 2011, The Females of Hip Hop Awards honored Michel’le with the Legendary Songstress Award and she’s determined to keep the momentum in her career.
- Dawn Robinson- She may not have played nice as an ex-member of EnVogue and Raphael Saadiq’s group Lucy Pearl, but is now looking to step into a new spotlight – as a mother. Venting about only ‘having two eggs left,’ this songstress is looking forward to motherhood.
Peep pics and supertrailer below.
The new season premieres Wednesday, July 10th on TVOne. What do you think about the line-up? Will the show be just as popular as the ATL version?
P.S. ‘You is not from Beverly Hills from 9021-F*ckin-Oh’. Ha! [TVOne]