Sep

Written by tjbwriteratlanta in Blog

Screen shot 2013-09-25 at 7.15.50 AM

Looks like Tami Roman isn’t the only one ready to move on and do her own thing. Original cast member, Evelyn Lozada is ready to move on from VH1′s Basketball Wives.

tami-roman-nail-polish-launch-2013-group-shot-the-jasmine-brand-595x394 (1)

In an interview with Huffington Post, the 37-year-old Brooklyn native, revealed that she is ready for something new. She stated:

I signed on to do five seasons and this is our fifth. I don’t really see me doing a sixth season. I know I can carry my own show, pretty much carried this one. I would do my own show because I know I would have creative control. I’m in a different space, I’m open to doing a spin-off, but just not with a cast of women.

evelyn lozada-iyanla vanzant-the jasmine brand
Lozada also dished on how celebrity life coaches Iyanla Vanzant and Tony Gaskins continue to help her through current troubles and conflict with Roman.

I  stay calm because I think about the previous season when I acted an ass, and it just wasn’t a good look for me, so I think about that We talk about everything, whether it’s dating, whether it’s the show, whether it’s family. It’s just nice to be able to have that outlet and be honest….It helps me. It’s just nice to have that person you can trust and you know it won’t go anywhere….Probably last season I would have gotten up, but it’s just not worth it to me. I made a promise last season to just be a better example. That’s why I chose to be a mature lady and make my life coach very happy and I sat down and if she wanted to act crazy and make herself look crazy; that’s fine.

Peep the interview below.

P.S. Is it time for Evelyn Lozada to move on from Basketball Wives? And are you interested in seeing her with a spin-off?

[Huffington Post, Sister 2 Sister Magazine]

-@lipstickheelstv

p5rn7vb

8 Comments to “[VIDEO] Evelyn Lozada Says She’s Done With Basketball Wives After This Season: I’m Ready for My Spin-Off”

1. A says:

Seems like she is next in line.. either her or tami….

2. DIVA says:

She just saying that because I dont think BW will be renewed for another season. That show has ran it’s course. It’s time for all of them to leave it alone. Tami was the first person to say she was leaving and now Eve is saying it. It’s more to it. The ratings are not doing that good.

3. Razzi says:

I somewhat disagree with her. I think Tami has carried the storyline for the past few seasons. The tension between Tami & evelyn made things more interesting but Evelyn alone hasnt carried the whole show. Ive even stopped watching this current season b/c I am tired of the show focusing so much on her and Chad.

The show has run its course. Love & Hip Hop ATL put a coffin in Basketball wives!

4. love says:

I hope she spins off the television and lands in a SEAT.

• Anonymous says:

Love I totally agree!!!!! Even though I have not watched this season, Evelyn needs to definitely sit down and get a real life!!! Nothing changed but the day!!

5. Kia says:

Evelyn Evelyn please don’t try to get your own spinoff first of all you DID NOT carry Basketball Wives you just made a fool of yourself, second of all. Evelyn is not interesting enough to have her own show. Nothing she did on Basketball Wives made the show even when Evelyn acted like an ass in public places it’s not enough to carry a spinoff please Evelyn if you do it will only have one season your ratings would not be good. Plus I don’t think their going to resign you to Basketball Wives hell you cost them people to much throwing expensive dishes and glasses. Hell they’re probably saying good riddence. lmao your own spinoff syke lmao

6. vapariga says:

I really haven’t watched this season, caught bits and pieces of maybe 2 episodes just because I couldn’t take it…more of the same ole. It would be nice to see them end on a grown woman classy tip, and since spin-offs are now the latest & greatest, it would be nice to see Ev in a totally different and positive light.