EXCLUSIVE: Mariah Carey – I Didn’t Defame Concert Promoter, Demands $3 Mill Lawsuit Be Dismissed
EXCLUSIVE: Mariah Carey – I Didn’t Defame Concert Promoter, Demands $3 Mill Lawsuit Be Dismissed
theJasmineBRAND exclusively reports, Mariah Carey’s legal battle with a concert promoter continues.
Here’s the latest: The 47-year-old mega star has responded to a concert promoter’s $3 million dollar lawsuit against her. The singer says that FEG Entretenimientos S.A. waited too long to take legal action against her over a message that she posted on social media.
On March 2, she responded to the suit, which accuses her of defaming a concert promoter after canceling overseas shows. Carey, who shares two children with ex husband Nick Cannon, originally sued the promoters claiming they didn’t pay her in full for 2 concerts. She says that the situation damaged her brand, because she had to cancel the shows.
In return, FEG Entretenimientos S.A., counter-sued her. They claimed that she didn’t perform at the 2 shows overseas with no notice or reason. They are suing for at least $500k in damages for each of the missed shows.
In the counter suit, they say that she defamed them with a message on twitter. She tweeted,
Devastated my shows in Chile, Argentina & Brazil had to be canceled. My fans deserve better than some of these promoters treated them.
The promoters say that the tweet was “knowingly false and defamatory” and caused their business irreparable damage, which they are seeking $2 million in damages.
Here’s the backstory: Carey says the promoter’s claim of defamation is time-barred, which means that they waited too long to sue due her. She points out that message on social media was published in October 2016. However, they didn’t file suit until January 2018. In the suit, Carey’s legal team also notes that she never mentioned the promoter by name and didn’t make any false statements. She demands all claims against her be dismissed.
Follow us: @theJasmineBRAND on Twitter | theJasmineBRAND on Facebook| theJasmineBRAND_ on Instagram


Previous Article
Next Article
Harvard Agrees To $53 Million Settlement After Former Morgue Manager Stole & Sold Body Parts From Donated Bodies
Family Of Nolan Wells, Mississippi College Student Who Mysteriously Died During 4th Of July Boating Trip, Pens Heartfelt Message On What Would Have Been His 19th Birthday
Florida Police Officer Accused Of Using Flock Cameras To Keep Tabs On His Estranged Wife More Than 700 Times
Jasmine Brand Brings 30 DC-Area Women Together For Intimate ‘CONNECT’ Brunch, Plans Multi-City Expansion
Woman Claims GLP-1 Weight Loss Drugs Caused Her To Lose Her Eyesight, Wants Warning Added To Labels
[Update] Atlanta Sisters Found Safe After Babysitter Allegedly Abducted Them-Mother Believes Woman Had Been ‘Plotting’ To Steal Her Kids
NAACP Joins Legal Team Representing Family Of Nolan Wells
Amber Alert Issued: Atlanta Police Say Babysitter Abducted Two Young Sisters