2 Chainz Restaurant Shut Down For Allegedly Violating COVID-19 Guidelines
2 Chainz Restaurant Shut Down For Allegedly Violating COVID-19 Guidelines
Escobar Restaurant & Tapas Lounge, co-owned by rapper, 2 Chainz (born Tauheed Epps, 42) was shut down Monday (May 25th) for allegedly violating COVID-19 guidelines.
According to the police report, it was said that officers drove by and,
“noticed that the location was rather loud, busy, and occupied to be operating as a restaurant at that time of night.”
Allegedly, police said they,
“spoke to the manager before shutting the location down as it was violating executive orders regarding protocol issued due to COVID-19.”
On the Georgia Restaurant Association website, the reopening of restaurants in Georgia require certain social distancing measures. It states,
Update floor plans for common dining areas, redesigning seating arrangements to ensure at least six feet of separation between table setups. Limit party size at tables to no more thanten people as approved by state government. Where practical, especially in booth seating, physical barriers are acceptable. Consider a reservations-only business model or call-ahead seating to better space diners.No more than ten patrons should be allowed in facility per three-hundred square feet of public space. Calculating public space includes waiting, bar, and outdoor spaces but not hallways, restrooms, and spaces closed to patrons.
A video of the gathering during the Memorial Day weekend was captured at the restaurant. Patrons can be seen dining and eating, seemingly less than six feet from each other.
2 Chainz’s Atlanta restaurant was reportedly shut down by police for allegedly violating #covid19 guidelines. Here’s footage from Memorial Day weekend. pic.twitter.com/EayIL9XoxO
— theJasmineBRAND (@thejasminebrand) May 26, 2020
Just last month, 2 Chainz had a change of heart after stating he would reopen his restaurant for dine-in service. After receiving backlash on social media, co-owner, Snoop Dillard released a statement, saying:
“After careful consideration, we are not going to open our restaurants on Monday. It has not officially been decided when we will start having dine-in service.”

Not only did the rapper have a change of heart, he instead opted to feed the homeless. 2 Chainz is seen in photos and a video below with caption stating,
“Instead Of opening @escobaratlanta up today we decided to feed the homeless.”

Instead of opening Escobar Restaurant up today we decided to feed the homeless pic.twitter.com/K9eOvpFCRz
— Tity Boi (2 Chainz) (@2chainz) April 27, 2020
No additional details about the restaurant’s closing have been released. What are your thoughts about this situation? Let us know in the comments.

Previous Article
Next Article
Aaliyah’s Estate Seemingly Backs Move To Cover R. Kelly’s Face On “Age Ain’t Nothing But A Number” Vinyl Reissue
Here For It? Spotify Launching New Tool That Allows Users To Create ‘Responsible’ AI-Generated Covers & Remixes Of Their Favorite Songs From Participating Artists/Songwriters
K. Michelle Seemingly Throws Major Shade At Tamar Braxton, Says She’s Open To A Verzuz Battle Against “The Muppet”
Cardi B Wants Round 2! Eyes Second Tour Leg After Strong Ticket Sales
Tank & Durand Bernarr Take Their ‘Beef To FaceTime & End It w/ Laughs: ‘It’s Never That Serious’
Saweetie Hit w/ $3 Million Lawsuit After Promoter Claims She Took Japan Concert Deposit & Performed Elsewhere
Angelina Jolie & Brad Pit’s Daughter Zahara Jolie Graduates From Spelman College
Funk Legend & “Atomic Dog” Artist George Clinton Sues Universal Music Group Over Alleged Royalty Freeze