The Weeknd – Grammys Exec Says Singer Will NOT Be Involved In The Show After Being Snubbed

The Weeknd – Grammys Exec Says Singer Will NOT Be Involved In The Show After Being Snubbed
It doesn’t look like The Weeknd will be hitting the stage at the Grammy Awards this year, if he attends at all.
During an interview with Variety, when asked if The Weeknd would be involved with the show at all, Harvey Mason, president of the Recording Academy, said:
“Not that I’m aware of.”
He added:
‘Traditionally a large percentage of our performers have been current nominees, but not always. There is no hard and fast rule.’
The Weeknd, who will be the halftime performer at the 2021 Super Bowl in Tampa, called out the Grammy Awards after not receiving any nominations for his After Hours album.
He accused the event of being corrupt and suggested he had already been working on a performance, only to not be nominated.
“You owe me, my fans and the industry transparency… Collaboratively planning a performance for weeks to not being invited? In my opinion zero nominatons = you’re not invited!”

Harvey Mason, Jr. previously denied speculation that The Weeknd was snubbed because he’s the Super Bowl performer this year.
“Voting in all categories ended well before The Weeknd’s performance at the Super Bowl was announced. So in no way could it have affected the nomination process. All Grammy nominees are recognized by the voting body for their excellence, and we congratulate them all.”
It was previously reported that the Grammy Awards are postponed this year due to COVID-19. While it was originally scheduled for Jan. 31, it will now take place on March 14th.
What are your thoughts on The Weeknd not being a part of the show? Comment and let us know.
Previous Article
Next Article
NBA YoungBoy Accused Of Planned Attack On Man At Studio, Alleged Victim Says He Was Pistol Whipped & Beat While A Bag Was Over His Head
Soulja Boy Apologizes To Gaming Platform Twitch After He Threatened To Sue Them
21 Savage Responds To People Pulling Up His Own Lyrics After He Calls For An End To Gun Violence In Atlanta: A Song Is For Entertainment
Tyson Beckford Recalls Fight w/ Diddy & Crew Outside The Bad Boy Office
Music Exec Kevin Liles Petitions For A Federal Ban Against Prosecutors Using Rap Lyrics As Evidence Following Young Thug/YSL RICO Indictment
Tory Lanez Found Guilty in shooting of Megan Thee Stallion
Diddy Deliberations Abruptly Halted After Jury Raises Questions About Juror’s Ability To Follow Judge’s Instructions
Diddy Trial Sees Potential Juror Dismissed After Admitting He Can’t Go 8 Weeks Without Marijuana