Ellen DeGeneres Says The Claims Against Her Felt ‘Orchestrated’ & The Toxic Workplace Allegations Aren’t The Reason She’s Decided To End Her Talk Show

Ellen DeGeneres Says The Claims Against Her Felt ‘Orchestrated’ & The Toxic Workplace Allegations Aren’t The Reason She’s Decided To End Her Talk Show
Many people were shocked when Ellen DeGeneres announced on Wednesday [May 12th] that she will be officially ending her show in 2022, after 19 seasons. Following her announcement, rumors formed that the toxic workplace allegations that surfaced against the talk show host last year are what led to the popular series ending. However, Ellen DeGeneres is claiming that isn’t true. During a recent interview with the ‘Today Show,’ she said,
“If it was why I was quitting, I would not have come back this year. It was devastating. I am a kind person. I am a person who likes to make people happy.”
Ellen DeGeneres continued and said that there was no way possible for her to have known everything that was happening regarding her 200-plus employees. Stating that could have only happened if,
“I literally stayed here until the last person goes home at night.”
She added,
“My therapist is like, very few people go through such huge public humiliation twice in a lifetime. She’s making me aware that I’m supposed to experience this for a bigger reason. How can I be an example for strength and perseverance and power if I give up and run away? It really is one of the reasons I came back. I worked really hard on myself.”
Ellen added that the media scrutiny she faced over the claims against her show felt “orchestrated, coordinated.” She also said,
“And I also have to say, if nobody else is saying it, it was interesting because I am a woman, and [the press] did feel very misogynistic.”
In addition to that, the Emmy Award-winning comedian revealed that the claims against her took a toll on her mental health.
“I’m extremely sensitive to the point of, it’s not healthy how sensitive I am. When something is coming back at me that I know is not true, I guess I could take one or two of those shots — but four months in a row took a toll on me.”
As previously reported, Ellen DeGeneres and her staff were under fire after claims of racism, sexual assault, and a toxic work environment on set made headlines last year. The allegations ultimately led to an internal investigation by Warner Bros. and the firing of 3 of the show’s producers. Ellen DeGeneres has since addressed the claims and apologized to her staff.
What are your thoughts on what Ellen DeGeneres shared? Tell us below.
Previous Article
Next Article
Oprah Winfrey Explains Why She Expanded Into Podcasting At 72: ‘I Know How To Talk’
Tracee Ellis Ross Questions If Racism Led To ‘Girlfriends’ Being Overlooked Despite Strong Ratings
Malcolm-Jamal Warner’s Widow Gets $150K GoFundMe Campaign As She Fights Over His Estate In Court
Brandy Sings Theme Song For Netflix’s ‘A Different World’ Reboot
Wendy Williams Documentaries Reportedly In The Works At Peacock & Netflix In Separate Projects
[UPDATE] “Martin” Spinoff “The Varnell Hill Show” Officially Locks In September Release Date
Keke Palmer Set To Host “The Voice: Celebrity” As Carson Daly Steps Back From Star-Focused Extension
Keke Palmer Admits She Only Removes Her Leg Hair Every Six Months: ‘I Might Slap Some Nair On There’