Update: Drake Files Motion To Get Out Of XXXTentacion Murder Trial Deposition

Drake, XXXTentacion
Update: Drake Files Motion To Get Out Of XXXTentacion Murder Trial Deposition
Update: (Feb. 13, 2023): Drake wants nothing to do with the trial surrounding XXXTentacion’s death.
According to new reports, Drake is trying to avoid being deposed for the XXXTentacion murder trial. The rapper filed a motion today (Feb. 13), through his attorney Bradford Cohen, asking the judge to throw out the subpoena requiring him to sit for a private deposition later this month.
Reportedly, the legal documents claim that the ZOOM link for the deposition sent to Drake by defense attorney Mauricio Padilla wasn’t seal-protected, which could have potentially compromised Drake’s security.
The docs allege that several days later, Padilla filed a notice with the court but failed to include details on how the ZOOM interview with the “Hotline Bling” rapper would be conducted. As a result, Drake says the subpoena was “procedurally defective.”
In addition, per the motion, Drake is claiming that his name never appeared in the investigative files and there’s nothing to suggest he has any relevant knowledge about the case. He adds that asking him to sit for the unreasonable deposition is just an attempt to,
“add more layers of celebrity and notoriety to a tragic and unfortunate event.”
Original story: (Feb. 10, 2023): Drake is being ordered to either sit for a deposition or appear in court later this month for the XXXTentacion murder trial.
Mauricio Padilla, the defense attorney for Dedrick Williams – one of the 3 men accused of killing XXXTentacion – has convinced a judge that it is necessary for Drake to give a deposition on his past beef with the late rapper.
Drake was originally scheduled to be deposed on January 27 but failed to appear and now must sit for the deposition on February 24, via Zoom. If the “Rich Flex” rapper misses that date, he will have to appear in court on February 27 or run the risk of being held in contempt.

Drake
Drake’s involvement in the case stems from an Instagram Story post where XXXTentacion wrote,
“If anyone tries to kill me, it was @champagnepapi [Drake]. I’m snitching right now”

XXXTentacion
However, he later retracted the statement claiming his account had been hacked. He was murdered just four months later.
As you may recall, XXXTentacion (real name Jahseh Onfroy) was shot and killed in June 2018 after he was ambushed during an apparent robbery as he was leaving a motorsports store. Witnesses claim that after the fatal shooting of the rapper, one of the men stole a Louis Vuitton bag from his car before leaving the scene.
Suspects Michael Boatwright, 28, Trayvon Newsome, 24, and Dedrick Williams, 26, are accused of carrying out the fatal shooting.
In his opening arguments on Tuesday (Feb. 7), Padilla referenced the alleged feud between the two rappers. He said,
“Before X died, he said, ‘If anybody kills me, it’s Drake.’ Do you think sitting here years later, any detective has ever asked Drake or anybody like that? No…..This is one of the biggest celebrities in the world. Excluding an order from this court, we all know that I will never be able to take his deposition.”
Defense attorneys for the three men charged with the murder of rapper #XXXTentacion have claimed that #Drake may have been behind the 2018. pic.twitter.com/8jQUYpFFjc
— theJasmineBRAND (@thejasminebrand) February 8, 2023
A court filing from Padilla in December also cited comments from XXXTentacion’s mother Cleopatra Bernard, who said a feud with Migos was a concern as well.
“In [her] deposition, Bernard said that she asked one of [X’s] relatives to accompany him to the motorcycle shop the day he died ‘because of the ongoing battle with Drake and Migos.’”
As previously reported, Padilla cited several rappers who could be suspects in the case. The list of potential witnesses/suspects includes; Drake, Joe Budden, 6ix9ine, Quavo, and Offset. It seems all the musicians listed had some kind of beef with X at some point in his career.
The trial began earlier this week as defendants Williams, Boatwright, and Newsome all face life sentences for their role in killing XXXTentacion. Another suspect, Robert Allen, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder last year and has been testifying throughout the trial.
What are your thoughts on Drake giving a deposition? Let us know in the comments below!
Previous Article
Next Article
Kanye West Allegedly Facing Pressure Over Making 2nd ‘Donda’ Listening Party Different Than The 1st
Tia Kemp Kicked Out Of Hospital While Visiting Son After He Was Allegedly Shot
Chris Brown Accused Of Having A ‘Baby On The Way’ By Mother Of His Youngest Daughter: ‘Leave Me & Mine Alone’
Pretty Ricky’s Baby Blue Celebrates Last Day On House Arrest After Serving One Year In Prison For $24 Million PPP Fraud: First [Thing] I’m Doing Is Hittin’ The Studio
Beyoncè Shuts The Roof & Halo Board At Mercedes-Benz Stadium For Atlanta Stop Of Cowboy Carter Tour
21 Savage Honored w/ His Own Day In Georgia + Rapper Gives Away Gifts To Families As Part Of His Annual Grant-A-Wish Event
Saweetie Fans Say She Should Have Been In The “WAP” Video Instead Of Kylie Jenner, Lil Kim’s Influence Attributed To Video’s Wardrobe
Diddy Accused Of Meth Possession & Dangling Woman Over Balcony In Expanded Indictment