Update: Tory Lanez Expected To Be Sentenced Today For Megan Thee Stallion Shooting
Update: Tory Lanez Expected To Be Sentenced Today For Megan Thee Stallion Shooting
Update #2: (Aug. 08, 2023): Tory Lanez will finally learn how long he’ll be behind bars today.
On Monday (Aug. 7) Tory Lanez appeared in a Los Angeles courtroom to be sentenced for shooting Megan Thee Stallion. According to legal affairs journalist Meghann Cuniff, Tory’s legal team submitted over 70 letters to the judge from people advocating for his release. Megan Thee Stallion didn’t appear in person, but she did submit a statement that DA Kathy Ta read aloud. The “Anxiety” artist reportedly said her absence is her way of preserving her mental well-being. Megan Thee Stallion’s statement added that since the shooting incident, she has not “experienced a single day of peace.”
Monday’s hearing reportedly went longer than expected and the judge decided to break until today (Aug. 8).

Update #1: (Jun. 13, 2023): Looks like Tory Lanez’s sentencing has been pushed back…again.
As previously reported, the Canadian native was scheduled to be sentenced today (Jun. 13) for shooting rap star Megan Thee Stallion back in 2020. Prosecutors recently expressed that they want Tory Lanez — real name Daystar Peterson — to serve 13 years in prison for his harmful act and behavior toward Megan after the incident occurred. Court documents state,
“Words have power and the pen is oftentimes mightier than the sword. In this case, Daystar Peterson used both. Not content to have hurt the victim by use of his sword (gun), he also used his pen. His online posts for nearly three years have re-traumatized the victim.”
However, it looks like we’ll have to wait a little bit longer to see how much time the judge gives Tory Lanez. Earlier today (Jun. 13), legal affairs journalist Meghann Cuniff shared that his sentencing has been pushed back to Aug. 7.

This isn’t the first time that sentencing for the rapper has changed. You may recall that earlier this year the sentencing date was altered from Jan. 27 to Feb. 28 as Tory brought on new legal representation. It was postponed again after his attorneys requested a new trial, which was ultimately denied.

Original Story: (May 10, 2023): A final decision regarding Tory Lanez’s guilty verdict appeal has been made.
According to legal affairs journalist Meghann Cuniff, a court judge recently denied the Canadian musician’s request for a new trial after he was found guilty of shooting Megan Thee Stallion.

“Herriford went through the seven main arguments from Lanez’s lawyers and dismantled each one. He concluded there were no errors. But he also said even if he concluded each error existed, the errors didn’t have a material affect on the outcome of the trial to warrant a new trial.”
“Judge Herriford: “In the end, the jury believed the prosecution’s case beyond a reasonable doubt.” He called out Lanez’s lawyers for not mentioning any of the other evidence against Lanez when they focused on perceived problems with some evidence.”


“I think any time you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger five times, that’s an action that could easily kill a person, and I think that’s an action that should have serious consequences.”

“My guy is a fighter and this is only the beginning.”

Tory Lanez

Previous Article
Next Article
NBA YoungBoy On Mission To Stay Sober, Says He Flushed Dr*gs Down Toilet
Blueface’s Dad Congratulates Him On Newborn Son, Says Baby Porter Jr. ‘Came Out Packing
JT Reveals She’s Learning How To DJ-Says She Understands Why They ‘Ignore The F*ck’ Out Of Song Requests
Tupac Shakur’s Family Was Leaving Duane ‘Keefe D’ Davis’ M*rder Trial When G*nfire Was Reported Near Las Vegas Courthouse
Solange Knowles Shares Emotional Tribute To “Bring It On: All Or Nothing” Co-Star Hayden Panettiere: The Light Surrounds You Now
Megan Thee Stallion & Sasha Obama Reportedly Become ‘Besties’ During Martha’s Vineyard Hangout
Blueface Calls Out DDG For Skipping His Baby Shower, Says Friendship Changed After Prison Stint: Now He’s Doing Weird Sh*t’
French Montana Connects With Aliko Dangote, The Richest Man In Africa, Asks Fans What They’d Ask The Nigerian Businessman