Michael B. Jordan Talks ‘Bombing’ Audition for ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: That Was Probably My Worst To Date

Michael B. Jordan Talks ‘Bombing’ Audition for ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: That Was Probably My Worst To Date
Sometimes, things just don’t turn out as planned–and Michael B. Jordan is sharing how he learned that during a 2013 audition.
On a recent episode of Just for Variety with Marc Malkin–a podcast associated with Variety magazine–Michael B. Jordan was welcomed as a guest and discussed his role in Without Remorse. The film debuted last Friday (April 30th) on Prime Video.
However, the star went on to discuss an earlier acting pursuit that didn’t work out as anticipated. Specifically, Michael B. Jordan revealed that he “definitely bombed” his 2013 audition for a role in the 2015 film Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Speaking of the experience, he stated:
“I think it was I couldn’t wrap my brain around some of the sides because you know when you’re reading for these high-level projects, there’s never really any specificity in the sides. Everything’s like super vague; everything is in secret. Reading through, I just couldn’t connect it. I definitely bombed that one for sure.”
Continuing, the Without Remorse star went on to announce:
“I think that was probably my worst audition to date.”
Despite the 2013 debacle, we can see that everything has worked out in Michael B. Jordan‘s favor! On top of his role in Without Remorse, the star also appeared in films like Black Panther and Just Mercy.
As for his personal life, he has been gracing headlines lately for his relationship with Lori Harvey. He recently explained why this is the first relationship he’s gone public with.

Michael B. Jordan, Lori Harvey
He told PEOPLE last month,
“I’m still private, and I want to protect that, but it just felt like it was a moment of just wanting to put it out there and move on. I am extremely happy.”
He added,
“I think when you get older, you feel more comfortable about the [public nature] of the business that we’re in. So for me, it was a moment to, I guess, take ownership of that and then get back to work.”
What are your thoughts on Michael B. Jordan’s revelation that he did poorly in his audition for Star Wars: The Force Awakens? Comment down below to let us know!
Previous Article
Next Article
Tyler Perry Will Receive Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award At Oscars Ceremony
Mo’Nique’s Lawsuit Against Netflix To Move Forward
Cuba Gooding Jr. Stars In New Christian Film As He Faces Sexual Assault Lawsuits
Tyler Perry Studios Will Include Compound For Homeless Women, Displaced LGBTQ Youth & Sex Trafficking Victims
Vivica A. Fox Says ‘Independence Day 2’ “Missed Out” & Didn’t “Live Up To The First One,” Due To Will Smith’s Absence
Star Wars Actress Moses Ingram Reveals Racist Threats + Fans Slam The Studio For Lack Of Support When John Boyega Experienced Racism
John Boyega Confesses He Left The New ‘Star Wars’ Movie Script In His Apartment Before It Ended Up On eBay
Michael B. Jordan Urges Fans To ‘Vote Early’ W/ Shirtless Selfie