Nicki Minaj Alleges Failing To Respond To Jennifer Hough’s Harassment Lawsuit Was ‘An Innocent Mistake’

Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Hough
Nicki Minaj Alleges Failing To Respond To Jennifer Hough’s Harassment Lawsuit Was ‘An Innocent Mistake’
Nicki Minaj is speaking out after she appeared to respond to Jennifer Hough’s harassment lawsuit against her and the rapper’s husband, Kenneth Petty.
As previously reported, Jennifer Hough, who Kenneth Petty served four years for sexually assaulting in 1995, has accused the couple of harassing her. She alleged in a lawsuit earlier this year that Nicki Minaj and Kenneth Petty have contacted her and asked her to recant her claims. She said the couple also allegedly had an associate offer her $20,000 and threaten her.
Hough spoke on the lawsuit during an appearance on The Real last month.
Last week, Jennifer Hough requested a $20 million default judgment after the defendants failed to respond to the lawsuit. Their lawyer contacted Jennifer Hough‘s attorney–Tyrone Blackburn–to request an extension for them to respond. Tyrone Blackburn replied:
“I said NO! I told him to prepare his opposition to my request for default judgment and explain to the court why his client and her husband believe they’re both above the law.”
Nicki Minaj has since said not responding on time was “not willful,” according to court documents obtained by Complex.
The documents explain that lawyer Judd Burstein was suggested to defend Nicki Minaj on Sept. 22. The following day they spoke on Zoom and Minaj was under the impression that he was on board to serve as her counsel.

Kenneth Petty, Nicki Minaj
Minaj alleged on Oct. 12 that she found out her manager “had not understood” that she was okay with Burstein being her lawyer, so he wasn’t officially retained. Minaj said she later spoke to Burstein that night to clarify his role.
She called out Tyrone Blackburn and the “frivolous” lawsuit in court documents and said,
“My failure to respond to the complaint was the product of an innocent mistake, and I ask the court to excuse the delay so that I can defend what I believe to be an entirely frivolous case which plaintiff’s counsel has brought against me in an effort to use my name to generate publicity for himself.”
Burstein also claims that Minaj is the “proverbial ‘deep pocket,'” and believes she will be able to get the lawsuit tossed out on several arguments – one being that a process service lied and Minaj’s husband was never served with a copy of the complaint and summons.
Nicki said the process server alleged he gave the documents to a “Black male, 40 years old, 200 lbs” with black hair and brown eyes. She detailed the discrepancy and said,
“In fact, my husband is approximately 5’9’’ tall and weighs no more than 175 pounds. Further, there is no person who resides in our house or who was present there on September 15, 2021, who fits the description contained in the affidavit of service.”
Burstein is ultimately pushing for the case to get dismissed.
What are your thoughts on Nicki Minaj’s response? Comment and let us know.
Previous Article
Next Article
Singer Melanie Fiona Warns Fans Not To Confuse Artist’s TV Appearances w/ Wealth: ‘They Paid To Be There’
Rapper Lupe Fiasco Says Renters Gets Too Much Hate: ‘Some People Aren’t Built For Ownership’
Reginae Carter Says Dad Lil Wayne ‘Can’t Stop Nothing’ After Fans Threaten To Snitch Over Pole Dancing Video: ‘Imma Live My Grown A** Life!’
Family Of Go-Go Legend Chuck Brown Pulls Support For Annual D.C. Day Honoring Him Over Alleged Lack Of Communication & Professionalism’ From Event Organizers
Biggie’s Son Claims Grandmother’s Will Was Altered Days Before Her De@th, Cutting Out Grandkids
Drake Opens Second HISTORY Live Music & Entertainment Venue In Ottawa, Canada
[Update] Ariana Grande Gets Court Approval To Hunt Down Hackers Accused Of Leaking Her Unreleased Music
Tupac Shakur M*rder Trial: Cop Testifies Keefe D Claimed Diddy Was Supposed To Pay For Rapper’s M*rder