Nicki Minaj Faces Backlash After Allegedly Saying Cardi B Sent Men To Assault Two Sisters At NYC Strip Club
Following Cardi B’s guilty plea in her role in a 2018 assault of two sisters at a strip club in Queens, social media has now caused a stir on how the incident went down.
As previously reported, the “Be Careful” rapper was accused of orchestrating an attack against sisters, Jade and Baddie Gi, at Queens’ Angels Gentleman’s Club on Aug. 29, 2018. Allegedly, this all went down because Cardi B believed her husband Offset had slept with Jade. Prior to the dispute at the adult club, reports claim Cardi B confronted the women in June.
On September 15, Cardi appeared in court and admitted to offering someone $5,000 to beat up a woman who worked at the Angels Gentleman’s Club. She also confessed to throwing glass bottles in the direction of the victim and her sister during the 2018 altercation.
In a surfaced clip posted to Twitter, fellow rapper Nicki Minaj can be heard previously addressing the situation while on her radio show “Queen Radio” four years ago. In the brief clip, the “Super Freaky Girl” rapper said that the two sisters were allegedly attacked by men and not women.
NICKI LIED pic.twitter.com/I0a8YCgLCE
— NO CARDI NO CLOUT ? (@ohitsUPandstuck) September 16, 2022
Fans are now suggesting that Nicki Minaj lied about Cardi hiring men to beat up the women following her court appearance. Social media users even allege the legal documents did not state that men were involved. Reportedly, Cardi’s associates Jeffrey Bush and Tawana Jackson-Morel, who had faced charges for their role in the incident, pleaded guilty to third-degree assault and second-degree reckless endangerment along with the rap artist.
According to reports, Jeffrey Bush and Tawana Jackson-Morel ordered from a “female bartender,” identified in court papers as Rachel Wattley. While Rachel was giving them their drinks, Tawana “grabbed the victim by her hair, slammed her head into the bar and began punching her repeatedly.” Prosecutors also said that “three additional unapprehended females allegedly joined in and also struck the victim repeatedly. Defendant Bush is alleged to have video recorded the attack and used his body to attempt to block anyone from intervening in the attack on the bartender.”
Following the settlement of the case, Nicki Minaj has spent some time as one of the trending topic’s in the U.S. on Twitter. Many social media users took to the platform and began tweeting “Nicki lied” amid the news of the court hearing.
See reactions below:
Cardi has seemingly denied the allegations that she hired men to carry out the attack. In a repost to her official Twitter account, the tweet read,
“This narrative that Cardi plead guilty to sending men to beat up the twins is a lie, she plead guilty to assault in the 3rd degree & reckless endangerment in the 2nd degree for throwing buckets. Nowhere is it stated Cardi sent a man, it was 2 females who were also at court.”
What are your thoughts on this entire situation? Leave a comment below and let us know!