Tory Lanez Denies Previously Claiming That Megan Thee Stallion’s Ex-Best Friend Kelsey Harris Didn’t Shoot Her In Recent Motion For New Trial

Tory Lanez Denies Previously Claiming That Megan Thee Stallion’s Ex-Best Friend Kelsey Harris Didn’t Shoot Her In Recent Motion For New Trial
Rapper/singer Tory Lanez is still seeking redemption after he was found guilty of shooting fellow artist Megan Thee Stallion.
According to legal sources, Tory Lanez’s defense team has filed a motion for a new trial, documenting a number of “erroneous” findings in the court’s controversial ruling.

Tory Lanez
As you all may know, in 2020, Tory Lanez reportedly shot famed rhymer Megan Thee Stallion in her feet, resulting in immediate surgery and a contentious, years-long battle in (and out) of the media.
Due to the occurrence, on December 23, 2022, a California jury held Lanez accountable on three felony charges: assault with a semiautomatic firearm, vehicle possession of a loaded, unregistered firearm, and discharging a firearm with gross negligence.
However, the Canadian crooner’s newest attorneys have set out to appeal the conviction.

Jose Baez, Tory Lanez’s attorney
In the latest paperwork, Lanez’s representatives cited (what they perceived to be) the judge’s unsound decision to permit jurors to see a 2020 comment issued from their client’s Instagram account, where he debunked rumors that Megan Thee Stallion’s then-best friend, Kelsey Harris, was (indeed) the shooter behind the troubling incident.
Kelsey Harris, who was present during the crime, received immunity in the case, and amid her testimony, she produced an extremely vague recount of the events that took place at the time of Stallion’s injury.

Megan Thee Stallion, Kelsey Harris
Lanez’s social media manager, Joshua Farias, alleged that the response that was drafted under a 2020 post from The Shade Room–stating that it was “not true” that Kelsey Harris fired a gun–was written by himself instead of Lanez.
On behalf of Lanez, Jose Baez and Matthew Barhoma collectively justified,
“The court erred on numerous questions of law in allowing the People to introduce this post, depriving [the] defendant of a fair trial. The only acceptable remedy for this miscarriage of justice is a new trial.”
Additionally, the “Say It” phenomenon and his counsel are claiming that the conclusion of the verdict was linked to immaterial evidence, including the improper use of interview audio of Harris, and Lanez’s “incriminating” tattoos and song lyrics, and statements Stallion provided to officials directly after the shooting happened.

Tory Lanez
As a rebuttal to Lanez’s body art of a firearm biasedly “painting” the 30-year-old as a “gun-wielding career criminal,” the filing listed,
“Ironically, [the] defendant’s tattoo was an homage to Tupac Shakur. Mr. Shakur used his music and tattoos to discuss socio-political issues affecting the Black community in the nineties. Mr. Shakur carried the same AK-47 tattoo on his chest as a symbol of Black unity and the fight against racism.”
Scheduled to return before the judge next month, Lanez is facing 20+ years behind bars.
What are your thoughts on this situation? Let us know in the comments below!
Previous Article
Next Article
Desiigner Accuses G.O.O.D. Music of Holding Him Back, Asks for Release: “Free me!”
T.I. Admits To Punching The Chainsmokers’ Drew Taggart In The Face For Kissing Him On The Cheek: No Buddy, Can’t Play Like That
Fat Joe Recalls Advice Lil Wayne Gave Him Before Going To Jail: If You’ll Be Humble They’ll Respect You
Kodak Black Files Lawsuit For Allegedly Getting Tortured While In Prison
Producer Hitmaka Recalls Hanging Out With Ray J & Whitney Houston, Says He Walked In On Whitney Taking Off Her Clothes [Video]
Boosie Questions Why President Joe Biden Didn’t Pardon Nonviolent Offenders Who Have G*n & Dr*g Charges
Radio Personality Mz Shyneka Says Gucci Mane Wrote A Song To Try & Win Her Over
Travis Scott Says He’s Raising Daughter Stormi To Be A Strong Black Woman