Ice Cube Slams Warner Brothers For Refusing To Make More ‘Friday’ Sequels

Ice Cube Slams Warner Brothers For Refusing To Make More ‘Friday’ Sequels
Ice Cube is calling out Warner Brothers for allegedly refusing to make another ‘Friday’ sequel. The 51-year-old rapper/actor has been very vocal on social media about the matter. Over the past two weeks, Ice Cube has shared several social media posts accusing Warner Bros. Studios of refusing to green light additional sequels. On Feb.26, Ice Cube took to Instagram and shared an illustration of the original cast of ‘Friday’ using the hashtag #FreeFriday. He wrote,
“#freefriday from the jaws of Warner Bros. who refuses to make more sequels. They have hi-jacked the happiness of the culture.”

Since then, Ice Cube has shared a string of posts using the hashtag #FreeFriday



Reportedly, Warner Brothers owns the rights to the ‘Friday’ franchise, and the studio doesn’t seem interested in making any more sequels at the moment. Friday was released in 1995 and went on to become an instant classic. It was succeeded by Next Friday in 2000 and Friday After Next in 2002.
In 2019, Ice Cube confirmed that he completed the script for the fourth and final installment of the franchise titled Last Friday.
“We are pushing for it, we finished the script, we are getting notes from the studio and it’s going back and forth. Get into pre-production and start hiring. It would be nice for this to come out on the 25th anniversary.”
Told y’all it’s coming… #Friday pic.twitter.com/p15BEBBnFn
— Ice Cube (@icecube) May 3, 2019
Unfortunately, due to Warner Brothers owning the rights to the movie, Ice Cube is unable to produce more sequels of the iconic franchise.
What are your thoughts on Warner Brothers not releasing the rights to ‘Friday’? Let us know in the comments below!
Previous Article
Next Article
Will Smith Almost Backed Out Of ‘Hitch’ 3 Days Before Filming, Director Reveals
Angela Bassett Set To Return To ‘Mission: Impossible’ Film Series
“The Help” Most Viewed Movie On Netflix Amid Protests
Jamie Foxx Shares His Stance On The Illuminati: ‘I Don’t Believe In None Of That Sh*t’
Gabourey Sidibe Says ‘Seas Didn’t Part For Me The Same Way It Might Have For Anna Kendrick’ After Oscar Nod
Sidney Poitier Died Of Heart Failure, Dementia & Prostate Cancer
Actress Natalie Desselle, Who Starred On “B*A*P*S”, “How To Be A Player” Has Passed [Condolences]
Late Wu-Tang Clan Member, Ol’ Dirty Bastard, Has A Documentary On The Way