(EXCLUSIVE) Lil Wayne’s Ex Lawyers Drop Lawsuit
theJasmineBRAND.com exclusively reports, Lil Wayne’s legal beef with his former lawyers has finally been resolved. The rapper’s former representation went to court and dismissed all claims against the Young Money president — this following years of them trying to get the musician to pay up on a $322k debt he owed them.
Here’s the latest: On August 11th, court documents were filed in the case by Garbett, Allen & Roza which explain they are voluntarily dismissing all claims against the rapper and Young Money Entertainment. The filing says they are dismissing the entire lawsuit forever without the chance of it being refiled at a later date. It would appear that Lil Wayne finally paid the $47k payment and possibly even the entire $322k that was owed to the law firm.
Here’s the backstory: Last year, the law firm Garbett, Allen & Roza filed suit against Young Money and Lil Wayne in Miami Court. The complaint explained that Lil Wayne signed a retainer agreement with the firm back in August 2014. The rapper needed lawyers to defend him in the 1 million dollar lawsuit accusing him of screwing over a private jet co.
The firm said Wayne made a payment of 12k after he signed the agreement. They said they provided him with legal services and spent their own money on other costs for the legal battle.
However, they claimed they provided Lil Wayne and Young Money with invoices for their work but were never paid. The outstanding balance on the invoices came to a grand total of $80,682.45
The firm claimed they demanded payment on the debt but Lil Wayne refused to pay. They filed suit against the rapper for the outstanding balance plus damages for a grand total of $322,729.80.
Then back in June, the judge came back with a decision and granted the law firm’s motion to enforce a settlement deal signed by Lil Wayne.
The order explained that within 10 days – June 24th – Young Money Entertainment and Lil Wayne were to deliver to the law firm a wire transfer or cashier’s check in the amount of $46,355.58. According to the documents, both parties reached a settlement in which Wayne was to make payments to settle his debt with the firm, but he failed to make 3 of the payments for April, May and June 15, 2016.
The judge said not only is the rapper to immediately cough up $47k, but he is to make every future payment – per the settlement – on time or else there could be consequences.
Following the judge’s order, the law firm headed returned to court multiple times accusing Wayne and his label of blowing off the settlement agreement and refusing to make the agreed upon payments.
Follow us: @theJasmineBRAND on Twitter | theJasmineBRAND on Facebook| theJasmineBRAND_ on Instagram


Previous Article
Next Article
Harvard Agrees To $53 Million Settlement After Former Morgue Manager Stole & Sold Body Parts From Donated Bodies
Family Of Nolan Wells, Mississippi College Student Who Mysteriously Died During 4th Of July Boating Trip, Pens Heartfelt Message On What Would Have Been His 19th Birthday
Florida Police Officer Accused Of Using Flock Cameras To Keep Tabs On His Estranged Wife More Than 700 Times
Jasmine Brand Brings 30 DC-Area Women Together For Intimate ‘CONNECT’ Brunch, Plans Multi-City Expansion
Woman Claims GLP-1 Weight Loss Drugs Caused Her To Lose Her Eyesight, Wants Warning Added To Labels
[Update] Atlanta Sisters Found Safe After Babysitter Allegedly Abducted Them-Mother Believes Woman Had Been ‘Plotting’ To Steal Her Kids
NAACP Joins Legal Team Representing Family Of Nolan Wells
Amber Alert Issued: Atlanta Police Say Babysitter Abducted Two Young Sisters
That’s pocket money to Wayne