Tory Lanez’s Lawyer Claims He Has Proof DNA Evidence Used In Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Case Was ‘False & Misleading’

Tory Lanez, Megan Thee Stallion
Tory Lanez’s Lawyer Claims He Has Proof DNA Evidence Used In Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Case Was ‘False & Misleading’
Tory Lanez is still working on being freed from jail.
Tory Lanez’s lawyer, Jose Baez, is claiming new information he has about the DNA evidence used to convict the singer will show that his client is actually innocent.
As you may recall, the Canadian native is looking at 22 years in prison for shooting hip-hop star Megan Thee Stallion. Tory Lanez, real name Daystar Peterson, was initially set to be sentenced in January, but the sentencing has been delayed several times after he brought on new defense attorneys.

Tory Lanez
On Tuesday (April 25) defense attorney Jose Baez took to Instagram to announce that Tory will be releasing new information that will prove his innocence. However, he didn’t elaborate on what that information will be.
Jose Baez shared the news via his IG stories and wrote,
“Today is National DNA day and we are happy to announce that Tory Lanez will be releasing information about the DNA in his case that gave false & misleading information to his jury: #freetorylanez”

According to Tory’s social media, the musician plans to reveal the information at 6 p.m. EST. He reposted his lawyer’s declaration and wrote over the post,
“6 PM”

Tory’s attorneys previously filed a motion for a new trial in the shooting of Megan Thee Stallion, real name Megan Pete. Last week, the Canadian rapper took to Instagram and shared an open letter he penned to Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón. In the letter, he asked Gascón to grant his request for a new trial. In the post’s caption, Tory said that he will share material that will prove his innocence.
“Until my court date I’ll be posting the OUTRAGEOUS & DISGUSTING INJUSTICES used against me by the PROSECUTION to get the conviction they so DESPERATELY wanted, DESPITE the evidence they knew existed.”

As we previously reported, Tory, 30, was found guilty of shooting Megan Thee Stallion, 28, in December of last year. The former friends got into a heated altercation back in July 2020, which resulted in the Houston rapper being struck by a bullet in the foot.

Megan Thee Stallion
The “Say It” singer was found guilty by a jury of three charges — assault with a semiautomatic firearm, vehicle possession of a loaded, unregistered firearm, and discharging a firearm with gross negligence.

Tory Lanez
What are your thoughts on Tory Lanez and his legal team’s claims? Leave a comment below!
Previous Article
Next Article
Mariah Carey, The Neptunes & The Isley Brothers Will Be Inducted Into The Songwriters Hall Of Fame
Rapper Rubi Rose Accused Of Calling Cops On Lil Tjay After He Allegedly Didn’t Purchase Her Return Flight [VIDEO]
Kehlani Accidentally Accused Of Sleeping W/ Another Woman’s Man, Tells Her: “Mine Was Acting Up Too, Cut Them Loose!”
Rapper Quando Rondo Blasts YouTuber Over Fake Diamond Test Prank: Lil’ Bruh, Y’all Playing, N****s Get Murked Like That
Author Alice Walker Opens Up About ‘Great Love’ With Singer Tracy Chapman, Says They’re ‘Not Really Talking’ Anymore
ABC Cancels Backstreet Boys Holiday Special Amid Nick Carter Being Accused Of Raping Autistic Fan In New Lawsuit, Singer Denies Allegations
Bun B To Open Restaurant, Trill Burgers, In Houston Texas
R. Kelly Trying To Get Money To Hire Michael Jackson’s Lawyer