Dwight Howard — Sexual Assault & Battery Lawsuit Against Ex-NBA Star Dismissed

Dwight Howard
Dwight Howard — Sexual Assault & Battery Lawsuit Against Ex-NBA Star Dismissed
Update (Aug. 22, 2024): Dwight Howard scored a major win in court over a bombshell sexual assault case against him.
The former NBA star was sued for sexual assault and battery by a man named Stephen Harper, whom he met on Instagram, in July 2023.
In an unexpected turn of events, Stephen Harper dropped his case against Dwight Howard on Monday (Aug. 19), per ESPN. He dismissed the complaint with prejudice, so he can’t file it again in the future.
Dwight Howard’s lawyer Justin Bailey asserted that Stephen Harper was not paid any amount of money to drop his case.
Original Story (Dec. 19, 2023): Dwight Howard is still fighting to clear his name as he battles it out with an allegedly scorn lover.
According to RadarOnline, the former NBA athlete has asked a judge to dismiss a lawsuit filed against him by Stephen Harper, whom he met on Instagram. Dwight Howard stated Harper‘s sexual assault accusations are “nothing more than a classic case of unrequited love,” stemming from the athlete’s decision to cut ties after one consensual encounter.
Dwight Howard‘s attorney wrote,
“While Howard remained cordial and responded to Mr. Harper’s text messages and calls sporadically at first, Mr. Harper continued to press for a relationship and Mr. Howard has no interest in such a relationship.”

Howard‘s lawsuit filing claimed Harper‘s anger and contacts increased to the point that the latter grew excessively upset and began making threats, even going so far as to suggest he would take matters to social media. Howard also said Harper vowed to tell the entire world about their one-night stand, including his mother and sisters.
The filing added,
“When these threats and several demands for money went unfulfilled, Mr. Harper filed the instant lawsuit as revenge and in an attempt to tarnish Mr. Howard’s reputation.”
Howard said he has text conversations showing Harper talking about enjoying their night together hours after it happened, adding that there is no doubt about whether the alleged assault was consensual. As a result, he sought that the entire case be dismissed before a trial could be held.
As previously reported, Harper sued Howard earlier this year for assault, battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and false detention. The lawsuit said the two exchanged sexual emails for several weeks until Howard invited Harper to his Georgia home on July 19, 2021.
Harper said he and Howard walked into bedroom and began kissing before being interrupted by a man dressed as a woman who introduced themselves as “Kitty.” Harper said Howard forced him to perform a sexual act on him without his consent.
According to the lawsuit,
“[Howard] stood up (towering over Mr. Harper), grabbed Mr. Harper by the thighs, forcibly removed Mr. Harper’s underwear, held Mr. Harper down, and performed nonconsensual oral sex on Mr. Harper. Mr. Harper was in fear of imminent bodily harm when he was pinned down and forced to remain in place while [Howard] continued to sexually assault him.”
However, Howard rejected all allegations of assault, though he admits to having a consensual threesome with Harper and “Kitty.”
What are your thoughts on the entire situation? Let us know in the comments!
Previous Article
Next Article
Former NFL Fullback LeRon McClain Begs NFL For Help ‘My Brain Is F***ing Tired’
Boxing Legend George Foreman Accuses Women Of Making ‘Baseless’ Sexual Abuse Claims In Plot To Extort Him Out Of $25 Million
Carmelo Anthony Recalls Kobe Bryant’s Support When He Hit ‘Rock Bottom’ While Being Unsigned in NBA
WNBA Star Angel Reese Announces Season-Ending Surgery After Wrist Injury, Denies Rumors She Faked Injury Due To Secret Pregnancy
Celtics Player Jaylen Brown Clarifies Tweet Seemingly Supporting Black Hebrew Israelites Outside Barclays Center Amid Kyrie Irving’s Return: I Thought It Was A Known Fraternity, The Omega Psi Phi Showing Support
Houston Rockets Player Dillon Brooks Files Restraining Order Against Ex After Years Of Alleged Harassment, Claims She Once Threatened To Cut Off His Fingers
Tom Brady Says Janet Jackson’s Wardrobe Malfunction During 2004 Super Bowl Halftime Show Was ‘A Good Thing For The NFL’ Because It Brought ‘More Publicity’ To The League
Shaquille O’Neal Finally Served In FTX Lawsuit Following Months Of Allegedly Dodging The Legal Document