R. Kelly Attacker Moved To A Different Prison, Prosecutors Claim There’s No Longer A Threat
The fellow Chicago inmate who attacked R. Kelly in a prison cell has been moved to a new facility in Michigan according to reports, and now prosecutors believe that the “Bump n’ Grind” singer is no longer in danger, at least from the same man.
As previously reported, Jeremiah Shane Farmer has taken responsibility for the attack in a handwritten, four-page document, complete with block lettering. He alleged that he’s a victim of government “corruption” and said the COVID-19 lockdown has deprived him of having a reliable attorney.
He wrote in part:
“Farmer, with no where else to turn for legal help, was forced to assault hip-hop R&B singer Robert Kelly in hopes of getting spotlight attention and world news notice to shed light on government corruption here in the Seventh Circuit.”
He added that an MCC “mental health professional” told him to attack R. Kelly.
R. Kelly’s legal team is reportedly using the letter as one of the many reasons he should get an early release, stating that he’s unsafe and at risk of contracting COVID-19. They released a new motion Friday (Sept. 4th), calling for him to be let go.
“According to Mr. Farmer’s filing, MCC personnel told him to ‘go do it then,’ referring to attacking Kelly. It appears that MCC personnel then followed Mr. Farmer, allowed him to carry out the attack on Mr. Kelly (in his jail cell) and then only intervened after Mr. Kelly sustained serious injuries.”
Although R. Kelly has requested early release again due to the attack, prosecutors now believe that the threat has been removed citing that was is an isolated event, according to reports.
Do you believe that R. Kelly is no longer in danger now that the attacker has been moved to a different facility? Let us know below.